About Ethan Leslie Leong
Ethan started career as a chef, specialising in both East & West cuisines back in 1991, diving into the bar scene 5 years later. Since then, Ethan has been focused on the development and evolvement of the F&B industry.
The passionate Ethan represented Singapore for the “International Flair Competition 1997” in Birmingham, U.K, in which Ethan ranked 13th Worldwide.
Triple happiness came one year later where Ethan emerged Champion & was awarded Best Newcomer in the “Europa Challenge”, in addition to that, claimed the title for “Bartender of the year 1998”.
Ethan was invited to showcase his flair mixology skills at the Grand Opening of “Saltimbanco – Cirque Du Soleil” in 2000 during his stay with China Jump Singapore.
Always striving to improve and upgrade himself, Ethan graduated from SHATEC with a certificate in bar management 2001 after which took up positions such as bar manager of The Liquid Room, Operations Manager in Centro 360 and General Manager of Club Happy from 2002 to 2006.
With Ethan ever-ready attitude, passion and extensive knowledge in lifestyle related topics – namely wines, spirits, food and cigars, Ethan naturally got involved in business consultancy for a range of F&B establishments, such as Ministry Of Sound, Hed Kandi, Fashion TV, Buddha Bar, Bice, Aurum and Clinic The Club.
Topping Ethan numerous hats as executive director of Maison Ikkoku & FORT, consultant, lifestyle ambassador, events specialist and interior designer, Ethan also personally conducts Master Mixology Classes every month to educate the next generation. Ethan hopes to give back to the society as an educator and is willing to share whenever invitations as a panelist come his way. Ethan believes in molding & shaping budding talents and also thinks that it’s another way to compliment his personal growth.
Keeping true to his life motto of “never stop upgrading, create miracle”, Ethan humbly climbed his way up to be a respected F&B lifestyle personality today. Major fashion brands such as CHANEL, Mont Blanc, Guess, Giorgio Armani, Diesel, Polo Ralph Lauren, Viktor & Rolf, agnès b and Penhaligon’s have chosen to collaborate with him to design bespoke (his specialty) cocktails to showcase during prestigious events.
Ethan’s gregarious disposition has made him a friend of the media where he has been widely featured on publications. Listed but not limited to The Straits Times, Business Times, TODAY, My Paper, Forbes, Robb Report, Singapore Tatler, Prestige, Appetite, Epicure, Surface Asia, The Peak, Her World, Female, Time Out Singapore, Men’s Folio, World Of Watches, Yahoo, SG Magazine, CNN, JPlus, XinMSN, U-Weekly, I-Weekly, L’Officiel, Expat Living, August Man, Designare Homme, ALEXIS, The Malay Mail, Sin Chew Daily, Haute Living, Bernama, Luxury Launches, Toronto Suns, New York Times, CNBC, Asia One, Born Rich, Millionaire Asia and many more.
Accolades & Achievements:
– Birth of Maison Ikkoku Cocktail Bar
– Judge for International Bartender Competition 2006, Bar Pro Flair Comp 2009, Bombay Sapphire World's Most Imaginative Bartender Challenge 2012.
– Successfully completed the performance of “The First Flying Cocktails in the world” in I-Fly Singapore, the world largest indoor skydiving and hosted the bespoke cocktails press conference for Mediacorp.
– Invited to conceptualise the entire cocktail list for Spider Room of Avalon (Los Angeles), also in the same month, created “The Jewel Of Pangaea” which was listed as one of The World’s Most Expensive Cocktail. SGD$35k for a glass at Pangaea Singapore located in Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
– Won the Champion of Bacardi Singapore Cocktails Search and was invited as guest speaker for “Creative Mixer 4.0” held at LASALLE College of The Arts.
– Spokesperson / ambassador for Gc Smart Luxury, The Swiss Made Timepieces (Guess Collections)
– Conceptualised the entire cocktail list for Art Bar (Butter Factory) and Nuvo Restaurant & Bar.
– The personality/ambassador of Urban Homme Face & Body Studio for Men (Mary Chia)
– Designed and developed global drinks menu for Haagen-Dazs outlets worldwide
– Invited to be the mentorship & motivational speaker for Manhunt Singapore 2014
– Visited Manila & Jakarta on Ambassadorship to promote the Art of Cocktails for Singapore Tourism Board
– Menu Development and Training for Atmosphere Kanifushi Resort in Maldives.
– Maison Ikkoku won “Best Cocktail Bar” Award in HungryGoWhere.com “Eat-lection” the Oscar for Food & Beverages Industry, voted by the people of Singapore.
– Brand Ambassador for Martell, The world renowned Cognac Brand, in celebration of Martell 300 years and Singapore 50 years.
– Opening of a brand new dining & bespoke pairing concept “FORT by Maison Ikkoku”, reflecting a “Modern Singapore Cuisine”. Ethan wrote the hats of Executive Director, Chef, Mixologist and interior designer for this brainchild.
– Fujiflim celebrated Singapore 50 years with Ethan as one of the SG50 personalities.
– Invited as VIP Speaker for the MICS Macau International Clubs Show: “The Art of Mixology”.
– Singapore Fashion Runway X Ethan Leslie Leong “Fashion with a cause” in collaboration with The Singapore Fashion Runway and Ethan leading the runway.
– Launch of FORT Catering: Bagged Kenzo x H&M, Crabtree & Evelyn within a month.
– Maison Ikkoku, once again, won the “Best Cocktail Bar 2016” Award in HungryGoWhere.com “Eat-lection” the Oscar for Food & Beverages Industry, voted by the people of Singapore.
– Invited as Celebrity Mixologist to develop a drinks menu for Crabtree & Evelyn’s Christmas tea collection media launch.
– Designed and developed Festive drinks menu for Haagen-Dazs outlets worldwide
– Menu Development and Training for the brand new Oblu by Atmosphere Resort in Maldives.
– Maison Ikkoku, on its 5th birthday, being listed as one of the World’s Best Bars.
– Singapore Airlines X Maison Ikkoku, a month long collaborations held in Changi Airport Terminal 2 & Terminal 3 Premier Lounge for Business Class and First Class Passengers only.
– Dan Takeda X Ethan Leslie Leong, a Collaborations with a Flower Artiste. mix of Flower Design with Mixology.
"Never Stop Upgrading, Create Miracle”
— Motto of Ethan Leslie Leong